In 2019, Mattel wanted to celebrate and build on the success of two of its most beloved franchises through live events at Walmart stores nationwide.
- Customer awareness
- Customer engagement
- Online and in-store sales
Always On omnichannel strategies for the Hot Wheels Legends Tour and the 60th-anniversary Barbie "Be Anything" Tour, with online ads linking Walmart customers to information about in-store tour dates and locations.
“We adjust to the evolution of physical retail and experiences."
|Timing||March - October 2019|
Across the web (select sites and social media)
|Tactics||Search Display (POVs)|
Individual brand landing pages with Zip Code event finder
For a successful omnichannel event:
- Amplify event visibility with a multichannel media strategy.
- Boost product sales with event-branded onsite ads.
- Include searchable informaiton in native display ads.
- Connect with shoppers based on their Walmart purchases, onsite behaviors, and demographic criteria.
Metrics: 2Q and 3Q FY20 BARBIE, HOTWHEELS and associated trademarks and trade dress owned by, and used under permission from, Mattel. ©2020